Friday 5 January 2018

My Life In Books 2017 Part III

And moving on to Part III...



Jul

One Summer in Tuscany - Domenica da Rosa - to be fair, it's about Tuscany, so I was always going to like it, however, if I'd found it inaccurate, given my love of Italy and the Italian language, it would have got the thumbs-down from me. Great job. ALERT - new author for me. Four stars.



Summer at Buttercup Beach - Holly Martin. Are you seeing a pattern yet? Yes, I think Holly might be edging ahead in the books I've read by a particular author competition! 5 stars.



Kim vs The Mean Girl - Meredith Schorr - I've read almost all of Meredith's books and really enjoyed this one - 5 stars.



Aug



Paper Hearts and Summer Kisses by Carole Matthews - historically, along with Jill Mansell, my favourite women's fiction authors. Again this didn't disappoint. Resounding 5 stars.



Thirteen Weddings by Paige Toon. Everyone kept telling me to read her books. I read this a month before my own wedding and it was brilliant. I then started buying up her back catalogue. 5 stars.





Sep

The Last Piece of My Heart by Paige Toon. After deciding I loved Paige Toon, was lucky enough to spot her newest book in the New section of my library. 5 stars.



The Sun in Her Eyes by Paige Toon. Can't remember the last time I read three books by the same author consecutively. I usually like to break it up a bit. Not so here. 5 stars



The Break by Marian Keyes - I admit to being underwhelmed by Marian's last couple of books, however this was balm to the soul and a return to the Marian I used to know and love (not literally!) Well-deserved 5 stars.

Tune in tomorrow for the concluding part to my 2017 reading challenge. Have you set your Goodreads 2018 challenge yet? I've set mine at 40 books after reaching 36 this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment