Tuesday 2 January 2018

My Life In Books 2017 Part 1

Happy New Year!!
It was quite a year last year, with so much illness in our family and a wedding - ours, which I planned pretty much single-handedly, yet it seems I still managed to squeeze in 36 books in addition to all those I edited and proofread! No mean feat.

Anyway, here are my highlights and observations, for what they're worth.

Jan
Stuff the Turkey by Tara Ford - I loved this book and was gutted when I checked for its sequel this year and discovered Tara hadn't written it yet. I had to tweet her to ask her where it went!! Five stars.

Meet Me At Beachcomber Bay by Jill Mansell - I love Jill Mansell. She is one of my all-time favourite authors and this book didn't disappoint - another 5 stars.

Duplicity by Sibel Hodge - Miss Hodge sure can craft a dark tale. She is very talented and writes in various genres. 5 stars.

Feb
Woman of God by James Patterson - I used to love James Patterson and religiously (pardon the pun) devour all his books, but the short chapters bugged me in the end. However, this book was delightfully different and much more thought-provoking. Loved it - 4 stars.

My Soul Immortal by Jen Printy - I had edited the second book in this series but hadn't read the first. I absolutely loved it. 5 stars.

Christmas Under A Starlit Sky by Holly Martin - I am sure I have read Holly's books out of sequence, but she has fast become one of my favourite authors. I feel so proud of her too when I see her books in the supermarket and bookshops now as I remember when her books were only available as e-books. 5 stars!

It seems March passed me by - not a single book. Not sure if that's possible, but nothing recorded for March - I must have been really busy with work!!

Tune in tomorrow for Part II.
















No comments:

Post a Comment